Chief Information Officer, City of Palo Alto
12:40 PM EXECUTIVE THINK TANK: MOVING BLOCKCHAIN BEYOND THE HYPE - A deep dive into the key challenges cities are faced with while implementing blockchain technology
Around 10% of global GDP is likely to be stored on the blockchain by 2027 *( Source. World Economic Forum). Blockchain has the power to transform the way data is shared and improve its transparency. While cities around the world were among the first to recognize the benefits of this technology there are still many challenges inhibiting cities blockchain use cases.
- Creating a blockchain powered society
- Discovering new blockchain applications and importance of multi-stakeholder collaboration
- Limitations of Government blockchain networks
- How to improve functionality of blockchain networks
- Key takeaways from government blockchain projects
9:40 AM EXECUTIVE THINK THANK: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CITY FROM ALGHORITH BIAS, DATA ACCESS, KILLER ROBOTICS AND GENOME EDITING?
First generation of virtual assistants exposed algorithm fallacies- from Facebook’s algorithm election controversy to voice command software struggling to understand female voices etc. The developments in autonomous drone manufacturing pose major threat for city security and freedom. How can cities work together to create a common regulatory environment where technology can thrive while providing safety and security for citizens?
10:40 AM Back to the Future: Learnings from global counterparts on how they have ensured the infrastructure is ready for the world of Autonomous Vehicles, electric cars and beyond
By 2030, 25% of cars will be autonomous in the region, but the question is; how are we preparing our infrastructure to support this change? With autonomous vehicles, electric cars, flying taxis; how are we ensuring the safety and legislations that define the legal landscape are met?
This session will identify the strategic plans required for future transport infrastructure and connected vehicles.
- How to plan your infrastructure to adapt to new vehicles on the road
- Can autonomous vehicles and human drivers operate in the same lane?
- What is the impact on your design and planning strategies