Chief Commercial Officer
Port of Salalah
12:10 PM CROSS INDUSTRY PANEL DISCUSSION: Resolving the capacity hurdle: How are ports boosting trade flow by increasing operational capacity at a lower cost
A conversation with the key industry players on the pre-emptive foresight required to ensure ports run on optimal capacity while ensuring critical infrastructure is protected. Though expansion is a significant focus of global port development plans, is it the prime strategy to enhance trade flow?
- How important is it for the Middle East to increase their port capacity and what are the best means to achieve that?
- Overcoming challenges faced while securing trade routes
- Staying competitive with the market, are you going the extra mile?
A panel of industry experts and analysts focus on a set of issues that have a direct impact on ports globally:
- Putting in place the right strategies to hedge yourself against economic risk
- Leverage: Ideal financial tool for ports
- How to secure your trade routes market share
- China’s belt and road initiative: What does it mean for the Middle East?