Dr. Nasser Alsaedi
Head of Information Security
Abu Dhabi Police
9:40 AM EXECUTIVE THINK THANK: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CITY FROM ALGHORITH BIAS, DATA ACCESS, KILLER ROBOTICS AND GENOME EDITING?
First generation of virtual assistants exposed algorithm fallacies- from Facebook’s algorithm election controversy to voice command software struggling to understand female voices etc. The developments in autonomous drone manufacturing pose major threat for city security and freedom. How can cities work together to create a common regulatory environment where technology can thrive while providing safety and security for citizens?
11:40 AM EXECUTIVE THINK THANK: NAVIGATING DRIVERLESS CITIES. How prepared are cities’ infrastructure for the advent of autonomous vehicles?
As AVs power ahead on solving key city challenges, are we not paying enough attention to their legal implications and technical limitations?
- What does autonomous city infrastructure readiness really means?
- Who to achieve seamless integration of driverless cars into the city infrastructure
- The case of error, who is to be blamed?
10:20 AM Safety First! The road towards achieving Vision Zero and elimination traffic fatalities in cities
The World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that road traffic injuries will rise to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030. The Vision Zero strategy across countries is driving the approach to minimize fatalities from road traffic accidents. It is important to understand what this means for the changes in current safety standards and protocols.
- What are the new solutions and road safety initiatives to improve driver behaviour?
- Are autonomous vehicles and smart mobility contributing to Vision Zero?
- How to use analytics to identify patterns and problems
- What new law enforcement initiatives will help to change the speeding culture