Dr. Arvind Varshney
Head of Smart Cities Mission Management Unit
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India
Housing & Residential Development Forum Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
Wednesday, April 17th, 2019
This session will speak about how complex, multi-faceted problems can be resolved and decisions be made towards sustainable and evidence based design, construction and management of cities.
- Advantages of using data to predict intervention needs and prevent critical failures that impact lives and livelihoods of all
- Data-driven decision-making
- Hawkesbury residential development strategy
12:30 PM EXECUTIVE THINK TANK: The importance of using green building strategies in delivering a net zero energy home
Buildings are said to consume 30-40% of the physical resources, according to their environment. With the increased focus and need to improve the environments we live in, green building materials and new technologies have become popular within construction of buildings and specifying the right components at planning stage can have significant consequences for your carbon emissions.
Key question. What are the latest innovations in building materials that can impact your energy scoring?
- Reviewing the LEED certification standards and how material selection and their components have an impact on human health and the environment
- What can contractors do to facilitate the efficiency within buildings?