Dr. Arvind Varshney
Head of Smart Cities Mission Management Unit
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India
11:50 AM Developing a sustainable retrofit programme. paving the way towards achieving billion dollar savings in carbon dioxide, water and electricity consumption
The importance of retrofitting is dramatically on the rise as more governments identify retrofitting of older buildings as a key component to reducing waste and energy consumption concerns in the region.
In the UAE, the Dubai Supreme Council of Energy has set the goal of reducing energy demand by 30% before the end of 2030.
- Insight into regional retrofitting plans and targets to upgrade existing buildings to new standards
- Understand the regulation and procurement criteria when selecting sustainable materials and efficient systems
- Insight into the recurring retrofitting needs and future opportunities in lighting, water reusage, facades and HVAC to dramatically improve building performance, fire safety and comfort for occupants
12:50 PM EXECUTIVE THINK TANK: The importance of using green building strategies in delivering a net zero energy home
Buildings are said to consume 30-40% of the physical resources, according to their environment. With the increased focus and need to improve the environments we live in, green building materials and new technologies have become popular within construction of buildings and specifying the right components at planning stage can have significant consequences for your carbon emissions.
Key question. What are the latest innovations in building materials that can impact your energy scoring?
- Reviewing the LEED certification standards and how material selection and their components have an impact on human health and the environment
- What can contractors do to facilitate the efficiency within buildings?