Dr. Abdulqader Amir
Deputy Minister for Technical Affairs
Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Saudi Arabia
Day One Plenary Sessions: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
Tuesday, April 16th, 2019
10:10 AM EXECUTIVE THINK TANK: TAKING BIG DATA TO THE NEXT LEVEL- How can cities better utilise big data to improve smart services and understand the needs of citizens and visitors?
The global big data market is expected to reach USD 123.2 billion by 2025* (Source, Grand View Research, Inc.) By 2020, we will create approximately 44 trillion gigabytes of data each year. From placing millions of sensor across cities to implementing open data initiatives, cities are increasing efforts to transform urban data into smart cities information. The key challenge cities are faced with when it comes to big data is how to make sense of it.
- The edge VS the cloud
- Defining edge computing opportunity
- Innovative tools that cities can use to make sense of big data toimpact change?
- How cities can use AI to make data driven decisions for their residents?
- How can we empower citizens to leverage open data to resolve key city urban challenges
• Identifying key challenges and opportunities in PPPs: ensuring successful collaboration among domestic and international investment vehicles
• Addressing the legal and contracting processes behind successful PPPs to promote entity cohesion
• Identifying and providing attractive financing methodologies in order to improve transport infrastructure investments
• How to engage private sector firms, such as operators, in order to improve collaboration on PPPs