Roads, Bridges And Highways Forum Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
THE ERA OF SMART MOBILITY AND ROAD SAFETY
9:30 am - 9:40 am Opening remarks from the chairperson
9:40 am - 10:00 am Ministry of Transport, Egypt: The infrastructure and operations roadmap to 2025 and goals to 2030Fawaz Alharbi - Head of Master Planning, Jeddah Economic City, Saudi Arabia
- 2030 goals for Egypt’s Ministry of Transport in the different sub-sectors including railways, metro and urban rail, ports, inland water transport and logistics
- Discussing the time frame with the expected procurement and business model
- Understanding the EPC, PPP and BOT business models of investment
Fawaz AlharbiHead of Master Planning
Jeddah Economic City, Saudi Arabia
10:00 am - 10:20 am INNOVATION SPOTLIGHT: Autonomous era and the criticality of re-engineering of the roads infrastructure - Is your city prepared for the future?
- How do you acclimatize roads, bridges and highways to the autonomous era
- How is data the key-most important focus for mobility as a service and the new autonomous era
- ITS, pedestrian crossings – how do you re-engineer your roads infrastructure to ensure its equipped for the future
10:20 am - 10:40 am Safety First! The road towards achieving Vision Zero and elimination traffic fatalities in citiesNidal S. Odeh - Director, Transport & Infrastructure, Arcadis, Saudi Arabia
Architect Aileen Llagas - Head of Infrastructure - Project Management Department, Fujairah Municipality
Dr. Nasser Alsaedi - Head of Information Security, Abu Dhabi Police
The World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that road traffic injuries will rise to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030. The Vision Zero strategy across countries is driving the approach to minimize fatalities from road traffic accidents. It is important to understand what this means for the changes in current safety standards and protocols.
- What are the new solutions and road safety initiatives to improve driver behaviour?
- Are autonomous vehicles and smart mobility contributing to Vision Zero?
- How to use analytics to identify patterns and problems
- What new law enforcement initiatives will help to change the speeding culture
Nidal S. OdehDirector
Transport & Infrastructure, Arcadis, Saudi Arabia
Architect Aileen LlagasHead of Infrastructure - Project Management Department
Dr. Nasser AlsaediHead of Information Security
Abu Dhabi Police
10:40 am - 11:00 am Back to the Future: Learnings from global counterparts on how they have ensured the infrastructure is ready for the world of Autonomous Vehicles, electric cars and beyondRaeffaele Gareri - Chief Technology Officer, Brescia & Chairman, The Smart City Association, Italy
Bashar Al Malik - Chief Executive Officer, Saudi Rail Company
By 2030, 25% of cars will be autonomous in the region, but the question is; how are we preparing our infrastructure to support this change? With autonomous vehicles, electric cars, flying taxis; how are we ensuring the safety and legislations that define the legal landscape are met?
This session will identify the strategic plans required for future transport infrastructure and connected vehicles.
- How to plan your infrastructure to adapt to new vehicles on the road
- Can autonomous vehicles and human drivers operate in the same lane?
- What is the impact on your design and planning strategies
Raeffaele GareriChief Technology Officer, Brescia & Chairman
The Smart City Association, Italy
Bashar Al MalikChief Executive Officer
Saudi Rail Company
11:00 am - 11:30 am COFFEE BREAK
ASSET MANAGEMENT AND MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES
11:30 am - 11:50 am EXPERIENTIAL SESSION: RoadBotics: The future of maintenance and analytics is hereMark DeSantis - Chief Executive Officer, RoadBotics, Inc, Pittsburgh
With a mission of revolutionizing the way road infrastructure is maintained and managed throughout the world; the RoadBotics team use smartphone and machine learning to provide automated road conditions.
With over 75+ communities accessed in 14 states in the US, they claim to have impacted 2,134,544 citizens! Director of Engineering of Bethel Park from Allegheny County PA vouches for major savings on staff time with their software.
- How to organize maintenance decisions with the use of data
- How does RoadBotics facilitate better visual communication
Mark DeSantisChief Executive Officer
RoadBotics, Inc, Pittsburgh
11:50 am - 12:10 pm How Abu Dhabi City Municipality is increasing efficiency of their 19,000km transport network maintenance and asset management by implementing sensors and technologyHusain Mohsen Alsaeedi - Section Head - Municipal Infrastructure and Assets, Abu Dhabi City Municipality
In this session learn how Abu Dhabi City Municipality has successfully implemented asset tracking software for their infrastructure and how this is leading to improved maintenance strategies for their roads. They will also discuss future 2019 project announcements and expanding their asset management to include storm water, landscape and irrigation assets.
- Insight into the smart city initiative of Abu Dhabi and the key developments across roads and bridges
- How does technology in asset management and maintenance can enhance your budget planning
Husain Mohsen AlsaeediSection Head - Municipal Infrastructure and Assets
Abu Dhabi City Municipality
12:10 pm - 2:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
CONCURRENT WORKSHOP SESSIONS
WORKSHOP A2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PREPARING FOR 5G
Exploring the opportunities of 5G connectivity for new services
WORKSHOP B2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CYBER SECURITY IN CITY AND HOUSING INFRASTRUCTURE
Innovations in cyber security and how to improve cyber hygiene in your department
WORKSHOP C2:00 pm - 3:30 pm HYBRID CLOUD AND THE CITY
Examining the power of the virtual cloud in enabling seamless service delivery
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm MEGA CITY INFRASTRUCTURE WORLD STARTUP PITCHES
As per the new knowledge economy policy, Dh300 billion is available in the adoption of science, technology and innovation out of which 6 billion is available for innovation incubators.
Mega City StartUps will be a benchmark for startup acceleration for city planners. It will be the grass root innovation incubator and accelerator for mega city developments. It will leverage from Mega City Infrastructure World’s powerful government and business partnerships to enable innovative startups connect and find an execution path for their ideas.