Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
12:25 pm - 12:45 pm OPENING KEYNOTE: Roadmap for improving air quality to 90% by 2021 in the UAE and implementing the National Vision 2021 AgendaEng. Aisha Mohamed Al Abdooli - Director of Green Development and Environmental Affairs, Ministry of Climate Change & Environment, UAE
Air quality is one of the key issues in the UAE National Vision 2021 agenda, with an aim to raise air quality from its current level to 90% by 2021. In addition, the UAE has committed more than USD 840 million (AED 3.1 billion) to renewable energy in more than 30 countries. This session will focus on
- The key initiatives that are catering to the strategic vision and objectives.
- Discussing the innovative technologies for conserving energy and reducing air pollutants.
- How the Ministry has involved its public and private partners to establish strategic plans for each Emirate?
Eng. Aisha Mohamed Al AbdooliDirector of Green Development and Environmental Affairs
Ministry of Climate Change & Environment, UAE
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm MAXIMISING THE LIFECYCLE OF ASPHALT:Superpave – The sustainable answer to extending the lifecycle of roads, bridges, highways and runways.
· Regional challenges in achieving Asphalt performance (Presented by TOTAL STYRELF)
- Highlight superpave as the answer
· PG Grade Asphalt binder from TOTAL (Presented by TOTAL Styrelf)
- History, reference, product performance, etc.
· International best practices and control measures (Presented by Dr. Ibrahim Asi, ACES)
1:50 pm - 2:50 pm NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
CLEAN AND SUSTAINABLE CITIES
2:50 pm - 3:10 pm Creating innovation through sustainable and futuristic clean transport that can reduce the release of emission particles up to 98%Eng. Nada Jasim - Director - Safety, Risk, Regulation and Planning Department, Roads Transport Authority (RTA)
• Understanding the different emission control technologies
• What are the factors leading to the development of clean transportation?
• Electric vehicles VS Autonomous vehicles; which and why?
Eng. Nada JasimDirector - Safety, Risk, Regulation and Planning Department
Roads Transport Authority (RTA)
3:10 pm - 3:30 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Creating Private Public Partnerships that control emissions and improve air quality through innovative and sustainable strategiesDr. Mohammad Aref - OSH Expert, Ministry of HR and Emiratisation
Ali M. Alassiri - Oversight Director General, Economic Cities Authority
Amjad Naaz - Deputy Chief Engineer - Environment & Safety, Fujairah Cement Industries
This session will discuss the importance of government and private sector working together to combat climate change by lowering carbon emissions:
- CSR Programmes and enriching communities
- Creating collaboration and sharing information with the public
- Incentives for low carbon practices and energy conservation
- Examples of successful PPP’s in the clean energy/renewable energy sector
Dr. Mohammad ArefOSH Expert
Ministry of HR and Emiratisation
Ali M. AlassiriOversight Director General
Economic Cities Authority
Amjad NaazDeputy Chief Engineer - Environment & Safety
Fujairah Cement Industries
MEGA CITY INTERACTIVE TECHNICAL LABS
WORKSHOP A3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Smart governance: Connecting smart cities and open government Carles Agusti i Hernàndez - Open Government Director, Barcelona Provincial Council
Society is changing, and the demands that citizens make to the public administration have also changed. What do citizens demand? Why do they ask for it? Public administrations, also private companies, have to adapt to these new demands that represent a change in the relationship with citizens, a cultural change based on what is known as open government, a new way to do policy based on transparency, open data and citizen participation, where technology is the vehicle that will allow us to implement it.
Carles Agusti i HernàndezOpen Government Director
Barcelona Provincial Council