Roads, Bridges And Highways Forum Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
BREAKOUT AND START OF INDIVIDUAL FORUMS
SMART CITY CONNECTIVITY
11:40 am - 12:00 pm THE PPP DEBATE: How to embrace a PPP financing models for your projectDr. Abdulqader Amir - Deputy Minister for Technical Affairs, Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Saudi Arabia
Sulaiman Abdulrahman AlHajri - Director General - Roads, Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority, UAE
Khalid Nidal Omar - Chairman of Road Department, Government of Umm Al Quwain, Planning and Survey Department, UAE
- Identifying key challenges and opportunities in PPPs: ensuring successful collaboration among domestic and international investment vehicles
- Addressing the legal and contracting processes behind successful PPPs to promote entity cohesion
- Identifying and providing attractive financing methodologies in order to improve transport infrastructure investments
- How to engage private sector firms, such as operators, in order to improve collaboration on PPPs
Dr. Abdulqader AmirDeputy Minister for Technical Affairs
Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs, Saudi Arabia
Sulaiman Abdulrahman AlHajriDirector General - Roads
Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority, UAE
Khalid Nidal OmarChairman of Road Department, Government of Umm Al Quwain
Planning and Survey Department, UAE
LEVERAGING TECH TO ENHANCE DESIGN AND PROJECT DELIVERY
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Activating the opportunity of artificial intelligence for road projects in reducing project delivery by 54%?Alex Lubbock - Manufacturing and Technology Lead, Transforming Infrastructure Performance, Infrastructure and Projects Authority, UK Government
The usage of AI technology has the potential to reduce project duration along with fuel consumption, manpower dependence and requirement of equipment and manpower will also decrease by 37%, 80% and 40%, respectively.
Key question: How can AI applications driving considerable savings on your project?
- AI in action! Case study insights into using AI in project engineering
- How to harness the power of AI for environmentally friendly and sustainable construction
- How leaders can get ahead of the curve with AI project management and risk assessment
Alex LubbockManufacturing and Technology Lead
Transforming Infrastructure Performance, Infrastructure and Projects Authority, UK Government
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Dubai Roads Transport Authority (RTA) BIM Journey aimed at reducing project management by 12% and maintenance costs by up to 15% in 3years.Wajdi Mereb - Chief Specialist - BIM Projects Manager, Assets Management Department, Roads Transport Authority, UAE
Dubai RTA was the first government entity in MENA to launch a BIM-specific hub to drive the implementation of best practices for configuration management (CM), collaborative information management (CIM), and building information modelling (BIM). They became the first government entity in the world to achieve BIM Level 2.
To facilitate the implementation of BIM processes and standards within the implementation plan, the RTA selected its “Route 2020” Project as a pilot project.
This session will highlight:
- Discussing the Route 2020 Mega project
- Key achievements & BIM efficiencies
- The future of BIM in the RTA roadmap
Wajdi MerebChief Specialist - BIM Projects Manager
Assets Management Department, Roads Transport Authority, UAE
CONCURRENT WORKSHOP SESSIONS
WORKSHOP A2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ROBOTICS IN SMART INFRASTRUCTURE
Enabling robots to automate infrastructure in your city. Where to start and where to implement robotics? How do you maximise return on investment?
WORKSHOP B2:00 pm - 3:30 pm SUSTAINABILITY IN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
Using IoT solutions to resolve growing problems of sustainability and renewable energy.
WORKSHOP C2:00 pm - 3:30 pm SMART TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
How does innovation in ITS help in traffic management? How data analytics is disrupting monitoring and management