Housing & Social Infrastructure Forum Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
BREAKOUT AND START OF INDIVIDUAL FORUMS
TACKLING THE AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROBLEM
11:40 am - 12:00 pm Addressing the affordable housing gap. Developing long-term strategies to cater to the rising demand for low and mid-income housingH.E Marwan Jassim Al Sarkal - Executive Chairman, Sharjah Investment and Development Authority, Shurooq, UAE
Eyad Fadul - Advisor, Ministry of Haj and Umra, Vision Realization Office (VRO), Saudi Arabia
Hend Obaid Al Marri - Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Real Estate Institute, UAE
According to JLL MENA, estimates suggest that only 25% of all the new units launched in the Middle East market in recent years have been affordable to the average family. We have been witnessing increasing pressure on both public and private developers to enhance affordable housing opportunities in the region to alleviate strain on citizens and the city.
This session will explore the key market challenges including.
- Understanding the gap. data analysis and how many projects are needed
- Financing and loan options for low-income segments
- Preserving the affordability factor. how to create policies which protect intended pricing tariffs
- Creating affordable communities. how to ensure the location of your housing projects are connected to affordable amenities including schools and retail outlets
H.E Marwan Jassim Al SarkalExecutive Chairman
Sharjah Investment and Development Authority, Shurooq, UAE
Eyad FadulAdvisor, Ministry of Haj and Umra
Vision Realization Office (VRO), Saudi Arabia
Hend Obaid Al MarriChief Executive Officer
Dubai Real Estate Institute, UAE
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm INTERNATIONAL CASE STUDY INSIGHT
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm REGIONAL HOUSING PLANNING INSIGHTS: Deep Dive into Oman, Bahrain, KSA, UAE and Jordan’s Housing Projects
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm What is the future of the building automation system?
- How the future of automation systems being driven by the cloud and edge frameworks?
- How the increasing demand for energy-efficient systems is helping drive sustainability?
1:00 pm - 1:20 pm Oman’s first pilot project – Insight into how this integrated affordable housing development project is leading to reduced waiting times for Omani citizensYarub Hadhrami - Director – Affordable Housing, Supreme Council of Planning, Oman
As the Project Director of Supreme Council of Oman, Yarub will share details on their first pilot project which integrated government and private funding stakeholders to create an affordable housing community.
Key question. How is this project solving the issue of land assignment waiting time for the citizens?
- How this has enhanced the mentality of buying properties across the region
- How they are overcoming the challenges of limited or no supporting transport infrastructure
Yarub HadhramiDirector – Affordable Housing
Supreme Council of Planning, Oman
1:20 pm - 2:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK: Deep Dive into Oman, Bahrain, KSA, UAE and Jordan’s Housing Projects
CONCURRENT WORKSHOP SESSIONS
WORKSHOP A2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ROBOTICS IN SMART INFRASTRUCTURE
Enabling robots to automate infrastructure in your city. Where to start and where to implement robotics? How do you maximise return on investment?
WORKSHOP B2:00 pm - 3:30 pm SUSTAINABILITY IN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
Using IoT solutions to resolve growing problems of sustainability and renewable energy.
WORKSHOP C2:00 pm - 3:30 pm SMART TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
How does innovation in ITS help in traffic management? How data analytics is disrupting monitoring and management