Clean & Sustainable Cities Forum Conference Day One: Tuesday, 16 April 2019
BREAKOUT AND START OF INDIVIDUAL FORUMS
REGIONAL AIR QUALITY POLICY UPDATE
11:40 am - 12:00 pm OPENING KEYNOTE: Roadmap for improving air quality to 90% by 2021 in the UAE and implementing the National Vision 2021 AgendaEng. Aisha Mohamed Al Abdooli - Director of Green Development and Environmental Affairs, Ministry of Climate Change & Environment, UAE
Air quality is one of the key issues in the UAE National Vision 2021 agenda, with an aim to raise air quality from its current level to 90% by 2021. In addition, the UAE has committed more than USD 840 million (AED 3.1 billion) to renewable energy in more than 30 countries. This session will focus on
- The key initiatives that are catering to the strategic vision and objectives.
- Discussing the innovative technologies for conserving energy and reducing air pollutants.
- How the Ministry has involved its public and private partners to establish strategic plans for each Emirate?
Eng. Aisha Mohamed Al AbdooliDirector of Green Development and Environmental Affairs
Ministry of Climate Change & Environment, UAE
12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Mitigating the risk of air pollution – Pollution Management and Environmental Health Programme
Air pollution damages health and human capital, as well as associated GDP losses. Effective pollution control can help alleviate poverty, boost prosperity, and enable millions of people to live healthier lives. Pollution management can enhance competitiveness through job creation, energy efficiency, improved transport, and sustainable urban living.
- Improving air quality through the reduction of indoor/outdoor air pollution
- Promoting environmental sustainability through cleaner production and pollution prevention
- Strengthening environmental institutions by helping countries improve environmental governance, regulation and enforcement
IMPORTANCE OF CONFORMITY AND REAL-TIME MONITORING
12:20 pm - 12:40 pm REGIONAL TRAILBLAZER: The services and initiatives of Abu Dhabi Quality and Conformity Council
ADQCC has a mission to lead, facilitate and develop an efficient, effective and globally integrated quality infrastructure in Abu Dhabi that promotes a culture of quality, enhances industrial development, clean air and competitiveness as well as ensures consumer safety.
12:40 pm - 1:00 pm Efficient real-time monitoring to reduce emissions to air and water
- Ensuring the efficient use of resources and energy to track energy consumption
- Reducing waste and increased recycling to save energy
- Adopting best available environmental technologies, systems and sustainability standards to improve air quality
1:00 pm - 1:20 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Enhancing air quality up to through public awareness programmesDr. Mohammad Aref - OSH Expert, Ministry of HR and Emiratisation
Mazen Malkawi - Advisor Environmental Health Exposure, WHO
WHO reports suggest that an “alarming” 7 million people die each year from air pollution, as air pollution levels remain dangerously high in many parts of the world. More than 90% of pollution-related deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries, mainly in Asia and Africa.
This panel discussion will highlight the methods of improving the air quality for better living by involving public and municipalities together;
- The importance of data sharing with the public on air quality facts and monitoring
- Municipalities – energy saving initiatives at a local level and how are they creating awareness and educating the public
- Public health awareness and initiatives
Dr. Mohammad ArefOSH Expert
Ministry of HR and Emiratisation
Mazen MalkawiAdvisor Environmental Health Exposure
1:20 pm - 2:00 pm NETWORKING LUNCH BREAK
CONCURRENT WORKSHOP SESSIONS
WORKSHOP A2:00 pm - 3:30 pm ROBOTICS IN SMART INFRASTRUCTURE
Enabling robots to automate infrastructure in your city. Where to start and where to implement robotics? How do you maximise return on investment?
WORKSHOP B2:00 pm - 3:30 pm SUSTAINABILITY IN INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
Using IoT solutions to resolve growing problems of sustainability and renewable energy.
WORKSHOP C2:00 pm - 3:30 pm SMART TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS
How does innovation in ITS help in traffic management? How data analytics is disrupting monitoring and management